About the Woodbridge Music Club
The Woodbridge Music Club was organized in 1976. It is one of 19 senior clubs in the Virginia Federation of Music Clubs and is federated under the National Federation of Music Clubs – the largest nonprofit organization in America to promote and support American music, performers, and music education. As part of the National Federation of Music Clubs, the Woodbridge Music Club provides musical opportunities for professional and amateur musicians, benefactors, volunteers, music lovers, music teachers, music students, and supportive parents. The membership includes trained musicians and music lovers alike and is supported entirely by membership dues and donations. We serve the citizens of Prince William County by promoting the performance of music and the education of musicians in our community. We do this in numerous ways:
- We present free community concerts performed by local musicians and guest artists.
- We provide performance opportunities for members through participation in formal programs open to the public as well as more relaxed house concerts for members.
- We provide professional opportunities for musicians and music teachers such as workshops, master classes, and round table discussions.
- We provide performance opportunities and scholarships for students through recitals, competitions, and festival auditions.
- We provide a referral service for those in the community seeking professional music teachers.
The Woodbridge Music Club welcomes all who appreciate music and who want to be involved with furthering the arts in our community. Our goal is to enrich our lives with musical and educational opportunities with a focus on activities that promote intellectual growth and that stimulate achievement in our young musicians.